If your property looks sad and neglected, how will it inspire or attract a purchaser? Okay, people like me rub their hands in glee because they can see the potential and the end result. But if you can put some effort into the exterior it will give you one of the best returns on investment (ROI). And, regardless of the time of year, these simple tips will help you improve your home's Curb Appeal:
- Never, ever under-estimate the power of a FIRST IMPRESSION! It just takes a few seconds for a lasting positive or negative feeling to be generated.
- Did you know that the internet is used in about 90% of home searches and the front exterior is typically the first image viewers will see of your property? Having great curb appeal will help your house stand out from the others.
- CLEAN AND TIDY should go with out saying, right?
Clean windows, siding, driveways, remove oil stains, tidy the lawn and garden, remove clutter.
- Priority: fix or replace anything broken or tired looking such as window screens, downspouts and even the doorbell.
- HARDSCAPES such as driveways and walkways should be clean, weed free and in good repair. On the 'wet coast' snow is rare, but entry ways should be ice free.